Thursday, November 04, 2010

Carrot Patties


I saw a recipe for mashed carrots with chili powder, and honey. I knew I couldn't get the boys to eat that-so I made a few changes, and here's the delicious result.

You Will Need:

6 large carrots, cooked and mashed
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons mild chili powder
Salt/Pepper

Oil/butter for frying
Flour for dredging

Mash hot carrots with butter. Mix in syrup, honey, and spices. Chill several hours. Form into patties, and dredge generously in AP flour. Place in dish and chill 20 minutes.

Heat a frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Fry patties a few at a time until nicely browned on each side. I used a cast iron pan, so I really had to keep the heat low-adjust according to your own pan/stove.

No comments: