Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Favourite Vintage Cookie Platter




Purchased years ago at a Salvation Army store for a dollar. The picture really doesn't get across how huge this thing is-about 2 1/2 feet across at the centre. Huge! You can't send your husband to work with a cookie platter like that with a few tiny sweets arranged in the middle. No, you need to send it laden with all manner of Christmas baking.

There's sables, pfeffernuesse, homemade Hob Nobs, and, World Peace Cookies.

The problem with baking assortments to give as a gift is that I invariably end up with more than I need/can eat. I packed a really generous container for the letter carrier (yeah, he'd probably prefer money, true) and still had tons of these left. That's when you want a really nice vintage platter to press into service. Pretty damn festive, I'd say.

No comments: