Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Grapefruit Brittle Praline With Salt



I don't know what possessed me-but I'm glad it did. I had quite a bit of extra grapefruit juice left from making curd (I always juice more than I need) and this sounded good. I've used this recipe with blood oranges, but the salt was a new idea.


You Will Need:

2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
Grated zest of a grapefruit
1/2 cup strained grapefruit juice
2 tablespoons butter
Coarse salt
Prepare a large baking sheet with a covering of parchment.
In a large, heavy pot combine the sugar, syrup, zest and juice. Stir until dissolved, then cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until it reaches 300 degrees F. Remove from heat, beat in butter and pour onto pan. Sprinkle with salt. When cool, crack into pieces.

No comments: