Thursday, June 14, 2012

Save the Date

Railroad Days, the yearly celebration of the railroad takes place 14 and 15 July at locations in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and Omaha, Nebraska. At $15.00 a family pass, good over two days of events, this is an inexpensive activity. Transportation is provided between locations, and it runs quite regularly (so you won't feel stranded at any one locale).

The weather is usually hot and humid at that point, so dress accordingly. I can't remember a year when Railroad Days, wasn't miserably hot, but the venues are air conditioned, and it is a short ride on the bus between locations.

Planning to attend? Want to organise a meet-up? Drop me an email. You know I'll bring provisions of the simple carbohydrate variety (somehow, I acquired the moniker, "The Candy Lady", and am frequently met with the look of children asking the just returned from traveling adult, "What did you bring me?" Personally, I find that awesome).

And yes, you are required to wear an engineer's cap when attending Railroad Days. Stripped overalls are optional given the weather conditions. Imagine me getting all excited, and clapping my hands when I say, "It is nearly Railroad days!"

No comments: