Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Seven and a Half


Yes, I bake, "half birthday" cakes. No, I don't freeze half for next year, and serve only a half (I haven't completely become my mother).

Danny wanted a weather-related cake again, specifically, a hurricane. *shrug*

Hurricanes don't come to a point at the base like a funnel cloud, so I used ice cream comes hacked off 1/3 of the way from the bottom, and layered them inside each other for height. It looked better than I thought it would. I opted for the Florida coastline because it is easier than doing the entire Gulf coast (my pastry bag skills ain't what they used to be since RA). Danny is pleased with his cake, which is all I really care about.

We measured him last evening-he's 4 ft 2 in, which means he is exactly a foot shorter than I am. I doubt that will last long.

Happy half Birthday kid, yer mama loves you.

No comments: