Sunday, November 03, 2013

60's Kilt, 80's Lurex Top


 
 The winds were so fierce this morning, a streetlamp blew down across from us, missing our car by a couple feet. I'm sort of sorry about that, we could have used a new car. Anyway, I didn't fuss much with my hair knowing the wind would undo it the second I stepped out the door. This is a roller set that I did very little brushing out to. Looking at the photos, perhaps I should leave it alone more often.
 

 That's some pretty good curl definition going on there.
 This kilt changes colour. Inside, it looks black and yellow. Outside, the black looks navy, and there's a stripe of green as well. Trippy!
 Nice bracelet, but oh how it snags.
 We did a bit of thrifting  today, and I scored some vintage sweaters, and a pink/green Lilly Pulitzer-esque dress. That will give me something to look forward to in spring.
 
 
 
I adore monograms. When I saw these pins at Hobby Lobby I had to have them. Most of what I find at hobby Lobby I decide I need, which is why we now have two small, foil Christmas trees (pink, and purple). I should just get a job there. Really, I should.

Outfit Particulars:

Kilt: Pendleton, 1960's-ish. Thrifted
Top: 80's, can't remember where
Earrings and bracelet: Thrifted, a junk shop in Wisconsin years ago (bracelet is marked, Kafin, New York)
Monogram pins: Hobby Lobby (a couple bucks each)
Shoes: Laura Ashley, 90's

No comments: