Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Few More Hats, and Other Stuff

Perhaps the best treasure I found today was a wool coat with a mink collar, and wild buttons from the late fifties/early 60's. That will be another post, but here's a sneak peek at some of the items I brought home today.
 I believe both the velvet hats were modified and re-worked from older hats. The white and black one isn't the most impressive with respect to millinery skills, but strange enough that I had to purchase it.


 Why yes, I do need a mink hat. It has faded over time, but the interior of the ribbon provides a glimpse into the colour it once was (coppery pink). The fur is in remarkably good shape, and the structure of the hat is good.
 The pink dress was an impulse buy (a six dollar impulse buy, but still)that I'm not sure I will wear as a maxi. It will need to be shortened no matter, but I think it would be more suitable for me somewhere above the ankle. We'll see.  The long pink paisley one beside it is a slinky robe, but I don't see any reason it couldn't be worn as a coat. I may cut that one down as well. The jacket is very shiny, which does not show in the photo.
 You could sail a boat with those sleeves!
Pink isn't really my colour, but the sleeves sold me.

No comments: