Sunday, January 12, 2014

Conair Adjusta Curl Roller Review

 
 
I spotted these rollers last month at K-Mart and thought they sounded interesting. The rollers open flat, and can be rolled to the size you prefer.

I just had a 70's flashback to using the empty containers of frozen orange juice as rollers. You didn't do that? I thought everyone with long hair did that.
I found that the rollers were simply too large to stay in my hair without the aid of a duck-billed clip. Once secured, they were comfortable enough to wear.
 
After blow drying my hair, I rolled the still warm hair, left it about 30 minutes, and had considerable wave. I've also tried using them on hair that was not freshly washed and dried, and while there was less wave, it did help to smooth down frizz.
 
As you can see, I had them rolled around twice for my shoulder length hair.
And here's the results. Honestly, I wouldn't replace my regular rollers with these, but for a quick bit of body without resorting to heated rollers, sure. For $7.00 USD it isn't a terribly large investment, and the four rollers in the pack are more than enough for my whole head. As a bonus, your hair doesn't reek of orange juice, so there's that. Hair differs, and I'm sure the use of setting/styling products would have some impact on the effectiveness. For the sake of the review, I did not use any styling products. My hair is fairly thin, so in that respect, the rollers did give it a bit of oomph. I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling it, "volume."

I am not being compensated in any way for this review, and the rollers were purchased with my own money.

No comments: