Saturday, February 15, 2014

80's Does 50's Dress

I went to the Seed Share in South Omaha today, so it seemed appropriate to wear some flowers. Buttons:
In my hair:
On a brooch:
This isn't the sort of dress I usually go for (because I remember having dresses like this when I was first working)but I thought it had potential with the right accessories and jacket.

The seed exchange was held at the Sheet Metal Worker's Local, and they had some pretty impressive examples of their work on display:
 
I thought that was pretty neat. There were tables set up with seeds to choose from. We brought some flowers, melon, and corn taking in exchange some rocket and two varieties of spinach. Our library system has a seed bank where you can check out up to six packets per season, and bring back the seeds you harvest for next year. It is a pretty fantastic thing.
 
So many great seeds to chose from. There was plenty of oddball stuff too, but we have limited space now.
 
Outfit Particulars:
Jacket-Thrifted
80's dress-New Life Thrift (a buck, I think)
Shoes-New-ish, K-Mart sale
Brooch with bakelite beads-Hand-Me-Ups store $3.99
Rhinestone Brooch-old, can't remember
Niello bracelet-Goodwill $2.99
Coro Earrings-Thrifted
Belt-Thrifted
Hair flower-Tiff and Tam
Rings-Thrifted
Handbag-Goodwill


 
I really looked like hell this morning, but after a little caffeine, I came round
Ahhhhhhhh
Need to do a better job on the manicure though.
OK Dearhearts and Gentlepeople, you know the drill
Happy Weekend.

No comments: