Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year






































New Year's Day doesn't feel like a fresh start to me, but then I don't really feel that I've made such a muck of things that I require one. Rather, it seems full of excitement, and the potential for interesting things to happen. I find it satisfying to open a new calendar and hang it up-all those empty squares waiting to be filled with activities, people to visit, and events to look forward to. I always get excited in January because that means we have five months left to school. We're starting Rabelais next week, and believe me, nothing gets fifth graders interested in the Renaissance like a giant wiping his behind on a goose! I figure, start with the fun stuff, and we'll work our way into Petrarch, Bernardino, and the rest of 'em.





































Outfit Particulars:
Hand painted and sequined skirt-Hand-Me-Ups
Silver distressed-look ankle boots-K Mart
Vintage handbag-Salvation Army
Bangles-all over
Belt-Goodwill
Faux Persian lamb jacket-Hand-Me-Ups
Hat-Thrift World
Tights-Walgreen's
Fragrance-Jovan Woman
Freshwater pearl clip earrings-Thrift World






































January is also when I switch my wardrobe to "Winter II." The holiday clothes, velvet, autumn transitional pieces-they all get packed away, and out come the heavy woolens as winter can hang in here well into April. I suspect I won't be requiring too many woolens this year (Thanks, menopause!) and layering might make more sense, so I've brought out a few early Spring items as well. By February, I'll be dying for something pastel in my wardrobe, and I can't promise I'll be able to resist the baby blue faux fur jacket I saw at K Mart today (LOVE!) but for now some neutral colours with a pop of colour in the accessories is my plan.






































Outfit Particulars:

Vintage short-sleeved rayon shirtdress-Salvation Army
Cardigan-Sears, about 10 years ago
Tights-Walgreen's
Bangles-all over
Earrings-Hand-Me-Ups
Belt-Thrift World
Poodle scatter pins-Hand-Me-Ups
Fragrance-Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds




If I were any more excited about 2016, I'd piss myself. Hope you're excited (and dry) too.



2 comments:

Bibi Maizoon said...

Oh, I don't know.
This year is going to be a bit dull for us. The earthquakes & ongoing border blockade have led to the dwindling of the all tourist industries in Nepal. Small businesses are going bankrupt all over as most business here is directly or indirectly related to tourism.
The price of fuel continues to soar. But we don't really need anything, so we just won't buy anything unnecessary & muddle through.
I had a dress in that same chevron-ish rayon print too, I think it was from JCPenney. That hand painted skirt is divine!

Does Fracas still have that heavy dose of narcissus? That's the reason I remember not particularly liking it.

Goody said...

@Bibi
Fracas does have narcissus, though to be honest I find it muted against the tuberose. Maybe Truth or Dare? That one is also heavy tuberose and gardenia but no narcissus.

I wish I could send you food and fuel (and tourists).